LARRY GILLAND, Principal & Founder
LARRY GILLAND, NCBDC, LEED AP BD+C, CSI, brings experience and innovation to every project he designs, from private custom homes to commercial and community contracts. A respected community leader, Larry has been a consistent name for over 35 years among designers and architects who design for the top Colorado Springs and national production and custom home builders, as well as private clients. Larry started his own architectural design company in 1982, creating homes both large and small throughout Colorado Springs, including many in the Broadmoor Resort and Kissing Camels, as well as projects in Summit County, Beaver Creek, Santa Fe, Scottsdale, and Nigeria, where he worked with a team to design a hospital clinic with Engineering Ministries International.
Smart, sustainable design is a passion for Larry, who is LEED certified and a former Steering Committee Chair of the USGBC. He is always seeking new professional challenges, co-founding Rocky Mountain Plan Company and Collaborative Design Group, and recently teaching a course at Pikes Peak Community College as an adjunct professor. A Colorado Springs native, Larry is dedicated to the growth and beauty of the community, serving as a long-time member of the National Association of Home Builders, CSI (Construction Specifications Institute), and many other related business organizations. He is currently serving on the local Habitat for Humanity Building Committee.
Larry believes in collaboration and creativity, and is passionate about the process of making a client’s dream become a reality. He embraces challenges, always seeking new knowledge and approaches. When he’s not at his computer or on site, Larry enjoys golf, biking, skiing, travel, and watercolor.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- LEED Accredited Professional BD+C
- NCBDC--Certified Professional Building Designer
- B-1 Commercial Contractor's License, Colorado
- ICC International Conference of Building Officials, Certified Building Inspector and Plans Examiner
- NAHB CAPS (Certified Aging in Place)
- CSI Certified Document Technologist (CDT)
- CDOT Trained Erosion Control Supervisor
- High Honors, Denver Institute of Technology
- CAD & Revit Technology, Pikes Peak Community College
PROFESSIONAL ENDEAVORS & AFFILIATIONS:
- Collaborative Design Group, Co-Owner
- Rocky Mountain Plan Company, Co-Owner
- Pikes Peak Community College, Adjunct Professor
- Habitat for Humanity, Building Committee Member
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI), Treasurer
- American Institute of Building Design, Professional Member
- NAHB, Former Chairman of Code Review Committee
- Former El Paso County Planning Commissioner
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Former Steering Committee Chair